Burn baby burn!!!Just the cheese guys.
I tried to bake an egg strata for the first time and it came out okay except for the cheese. I used an American slice cheese because we don’t have grated cheese bummer! lol. I found this recipe when I started blogging way back in December. I can’t find anymore the blog where I read this recipe. Hubby like it though, and finished almost all of it. It was pretty easy and the ingredients are so simple to find.
Here is the recipe;
You can use white or wheat depending on your taste. You can also cut the crust off if you want.
– Egg Mixture
* 12 eggs
* 4 cups milk
– Seasoning- you can use anything you want.(salt,pepper,seasoning salt,mustard)
Use anything your family might like in an omelet.
(Bacon, Ham, sausage, cheese, onions, bell peppers, hot peppers, mushrooms, spinach)
1. Lightly butter or spray a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
2. Cut bread into cubes making 6 or 7 cups. Then spread your fillings evenly over the bread cubes.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate over night or at least 4 hours. (You really should not skip this step, it allows the bread to soak up the eggs)
5. Pull the dish out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you want to bake it so it can warm up some before you put it in the oven.
6. Bake at 325 degree for about an hour. You can add more cheese to the top close to the end if you like more.