If you’re in the mood to bake for something new this week, you might want to try this delectable, mouth watering, and delicious Carrot Cake. I saw this recipe from My Daily Moment.
You’ll never taste a carrot cake quite like this. It’s moist, creamy and completely to die for. Even those people who aren’t a big fan of the orange vegetables will have to agree that this is simply divine.
* 3/4 cup self raising flour
* 1/2 cup plain flour
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. cinnamon
* 1 tsp. nutmeg
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
* 1/2 cup oil
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
* 1 oz. butter, softened
* 1 tsp. lemons, rind of, grated
* 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1. Grease a 9-inch ring tin, line the base with paper; grease paper.
2. Sift flours, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl, stir in sugar and carrot. Combine oil, eggs and sour cream and stir into flour mix.
3. Pour mixture into ring tin, bake in a moderately slow oven about 50 minutes.
4. Turn on to rack to cool.
5. When cold spread with icing and decorate with walnut halves.
6. Icing: Beat cheese, butter and lemon rind in a small bowl until light and fluffy, gradually beat in sifted icing sugar and beat until combined.
Ready in 1½ hour